Check out the Anguilla Map.
10 Fun Facts About Anguilla
- Anguilla is a British Overseas Territory in the Eastern Caribbean.
- Anguilla was named after the Spanish word for eel, because of its eel-like shape.
- Anguilla’s nearest neighbors are Antigua and Barbuda to the southeast, Saint-Martin and Saint Kitts and Nevis to the south, US Virgin Islands to the southwest and British Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico to the west.
- Anguilla is very small. Its only 16 miles long by three miles wide. That said, you’ll probably still want to get around by car or bike.
- It has some of the best beaches in the world
- There are no private beaches on Anguilla. All beaches are open to the public.
- There are only around 20 hotels on Anguilla
- Anguillians enjoy a tropical climate, moderated by northeast trade winds. There is a dry season from February to April and a rainy season from May to January.
- Anguilla’s national sport is boat racing!
- You can use both USD and ECD (Eastern Caribbean dollars) almost everywhere.